The gift shop is typically open to the public during regular visiting hours when staff is available.
The tasks of our volunteer staff involve;
- Greeting visitors to the shop.
- Selling and maintaining merchandise.
- Being knowledgeable concerning the merchandise in the shop.
- Assisting visitors in choosing the right size and colors for them,
- Maintaining an orderly display of the products.
- Operating a point of sale computer (we will train).
- Filling out the daily cash report and balancing the cash box.
- Putting the cash, receipts and reports in the safe at the end of the shift.
Later as volunteers are comfortable with the tasks, they will be afforded the opportunity to fill out purchase orders, reorder stock from vendors, and be able to pull stock from our secured storage areas.
A couple of times a year, staff is asked to help the Office Manager inventory the Gift Shop.